According to thedancingrunner, I might have learned a few things in my years of running. I enjoyed a lung-freezing run this morning as the temps hovered in the teens. I thought I’d share a few of my hard-earned lessons with you here…like I need running tights, stat!
- There will always be someone faster and/or stronger than you. Tripping them helps.
- Good running shoes are supportive as well as inspirational. Don’t skimp here.
- Running in high humidity conditions resembles swimming.
- Runners come in all shapes and sizes…and ages! Take it from someone who got lapped by a 70-year-old.
- At some point, you will get injured. You can come back from it.
- Going out for a run can clear your head and lift your spirits. You’ll feel renewed inside. But your outsides still need a shower.
- You must run your own race.
- Running outside beats running on a treadmill except on the most inclement weather.
- Runners are a breed apart, which is why most people stay far, far away. It’s contagious. It’s outrageous and audacious. It’s life-changing.
- It’s only failure if you stay down. Get up and try again.
What have you learned?