This morning, the cold air made me gasp. I took another breath and drove up to the gym. I got reacquainted with the silent pre-dawn gym crew and put in 2 miles on the treadmill. I would have liked to have done more, but these workouts before breakfast are no joke. Still, it seems they might burn more calories than those post-breakfast. Anyone else experienced this?
I also realized just how awesome my husband is. I mean, he’s working full time and taking care of the house AND he hacks into my blog just to say that he thinks I am beautiful and capable and fun to be around and thoughtful and reliable and beautiful and Godly and thoughtful and beautiful.
Did he also say I was beautiful? Yes…yes he did..
I’ve learned some important things this week.
- I’ve noticed drinking the 8 glasses of water a day helps me not get so weary, as well as cutting out the processed food. I feel like I’ve been given the keys to a wonderful kingdom of feeling good every day.
- Coffee is my friend. Okay, I already knew that. But let’s just say our bond is stronger now.
- My position as file clerk is a union one. Customer Service Representatives, unite! Oh, and I’m officially in the international association of machinists and aerospace workers. Makes sense.
- My desk drawer revealed a small box with a tortoiseshell hair comb and a gold Mardi Gras necklace. Also an ancient fortune cookie still in its wrapper.
- The CDBG project is finally, finally finished. Hallelujah!
- I belong here, with the good folks at the city. I’m blessed to have this job.