He will not let you stumble;
the one who watches over you will not slumber.
Indeed, he who watches over Israel
never slumbers or sleeps. – Psalm 121:3-4
I know it’s not fall or anything, but I felt like I needed to write some things down. Ruby came in at 3:00 a.m. to tell me she couldn’t sleep. I tucked her back into bed with an admonition and a prayer. Then I couldn’t get back to sleep. I guess last night the Lord and I had something in common, albeit briefly (see above). I’m hoping this helps to get my mind going the right direction.
- I find myself grateful yet again for God’s mercy, and that it’s new every morning.
- My husband. Who else would put up with me for more than 2 decades?!
- Our kids. Funny, smart, unique, challenging, kind, adorable…the total package.
- Good friends. You know who you are.
- Running. Even the bad runs provide sweat therapy.
- Chocolate. Nuff said.
- It’s Friday. And I’m wearing jeans. It’s gonna be a good day.
- It’s May already. We’ve had a darling spring so far with blossoms everywhere.
- My job. I’m learning a lot and getting paid for it, too. What great people.
- Our church. None of us are perfect, yet God continues to grow us in fellowship. What a gift.
- Payday. Woot!
Bonus: I’m grateful for you, dear readers. You keep me writing. Thank you!
Now, what are you most thankful for today? Please feel free to comment.