I’ll take one of each, please…
Good morning! Today marks the second anniversary of my job with the City. I can’t believe it’s been two years already. In 2015, I got hired on as a two-year position, a budget line item for departmental records management. But times change and needs change. So here I am, gratefully and gainfully employed.
What have we learned this year, boys and girls?
I’m glad you asked.
Last year got pretty rough. Several directors and key personnel moved on. Within the space of seven months, we lost 5 directors. But you know what? We all kept on truckin’ until new managers got on board. We worked together and now have a new normal. The new management was worth the wait.
- Locks on unisex bathrooms are essential. Now you know.
- Some people think candy canes potentially hallucinogenic.
- You can’t – and won’t – please everyone.
- I can keep plants alive after all, as long as they aren’t too demanding. Huzzah!
- You will be misrepresented and misinterpreted eventually.
- No, you can’t pay your Comcast bill at the City permitting desk.
- I still don’t know if Shelton has a local folk dancing troupe. So don’t ask me.
- There is such a thing as good chocolate and bad chocolate. Sorry, folks.
- Our perception colors everything.
- The only constant in this life is change. Despite FUD, you can still get up every day and bring your best to your job. You can rely on Jesus and He will get you through. He is faithful, no matter what.