I woke up late, which threw off my routine. I planned to walk on the treadmill. About 3 minutes in, it shorted out and completely stopped. While getting dressed, I tried on three different tops. None of them made me look like Angelina Jolie or even Tina Fey. Feeling slender, I stepped on the metal box under the window. I should also mention I can’t even read the dial unless I’m wearing corrective eyewear. I’ve tried all kinds of squinting and peering to make it happen, to no avail. Yet the new analog scale, aka ruthless truth-teller, said my weight hasn’t budged.
Despite an inauspicious start to the morning, it’s still Friday. Every day this week, I’ve gotten up and done my best. So what good things happened this week? Glad you asked.
- We found out our house appraises on Monday. After that, it won’t be long before we close. Yay!
- It’s warmed up into the 40s during the day now.
- Tuesday night in kettlebells class, I did most of the exercises with heavier bells – used the 26 lb in place of 18, the 35 in place of the 26, etc. Great workout.
- Wednesday night I covered the K-5 class and only had 8 kids. Lots of sickness going around. It was Ruby and the Seven Boys. Ruby sat at one table, the boys at the other. And all they wanted to do was draw. We also told jokes.
“Knock knock”, a little brown-eyed five-year-old boy said.
“Who’s there?” I replied.
“Banana!” he said, eyes shining.
“Banana who?” I said.
“Banana peel on the ground!”
Doesn’t get much better than that.
- Yesterday, I got to take a walk in the afternoon. The rain had stopped. Patches of blue sky and golden-tinted clouds greeted me.
- Jonathon gets paid today. Pizza, baby!
How about you? What good things happened in your week?